by Juanita Franzi
HyperScale is proudly supported by
A97-205 was among the first 5 Hercules delivered to the RAAF.
It served with 86 Wing from December 1958 until August 1965. Around 1961 Daygo orange panels were applied to the fins, and also the underside of the wing tips and/or tailplane of some C-130As. In October 1965 the aircraft was allocated to 36 Squadron.
By 1973 it bore the Squadron's horse motif on the fin and the colourful Day-Glo panels were long gone.
This artwork is reproduced as a full centre spread (A3) in the current issue of Aero Australia (Issue 20, Oct 2008).
Image and Text Copyright © 2008 by Juanita Franzi
Page Created 10 November, 2008
10 November, 2008
Back to HyperScale