by Ryan Hamilton
images by Pieter Stroethoff
This is the 1/48 Pro-modeller Helldiver, converted into the Curtiss Shrike.
The Conversion includes:
· Modifying the flaps to the earlier solid version,
· Modifying the armament, including rear tail gun.
· Addition of a larger tail wheel, as on the land base version. (Note: I have made a mistake by not removing the tail wheel fairing; the tail wheel should attach directly to the fuselage),
· Removal of the hook, lift raft and other naval items.
· Addition of an auto-pilot housing, and longer exhaust stubs.
· Modifying the rear canopy to the earlier version.
The aircraft of A69-27 was test flown in America, but was never delivered to Australia, as the type was found to be unsuitable for the roles in which it was intended.
The Shrike is painted using Testors enamels. The decals are from the spares box.
Model and Text Copyright © 2001 by Ryan