North American P-51B
Tamiya's 1/48 scale P-51B Mustang is available online from Squadron.com
Tamiya's beautiful 1/48 P-51B.
This is North American P-51B-5-NA 43-6636 Ill Wind? as flown by Capt
Nicholas Megura, 334 FS 4th FG. The model is painted as it may have looked
during April of 1944. Captain Magura scored 15 victories, and was awarded
the DFC. He was mistakenly shot down by a P-38, on May 22, 1944, “Cowboy”
Megura crash-landed P-51B, QP F and was interned in Sweden for the
duration of the war.
The Tamiya 48th scale P-51B kit received the following modifications
1. The Cockpit was enhanced with the Medallion resin set.
2. Various details were added to the cockpit, i.e. radio wiring,
3. Internal detail was added to the intake and cooling system.
4. Plumbing & sway braces were added to the 108-gallon fuel tanks.
5. The landing gear wells were detailed.
6. Various panels were masked off and painted differing shades of OD
and Neutral Gray.
7. The decals are from Aeromaster
Click on the thumbnails to
Use your browser's "Back" arrow key to return to this page.
Model, Text and Images Copyright © 2000 by
Page Created 22 July, 2001
Last Updated 19 August, 2001
Back to HyperScale
Back to Gallery